Caring for an Elderly Parent
Posted by: Todd
Caring for an elderly parent is one of the most stressful experiences many Americans will face during their lifetime. According to a 2008 USA Today Gallop Poll over 41% of baby boomers are caring for their parents in some capacity.
Options and Support for Family Caregivers
Every day I provide live chat support to family members who are just discovering “mom and dad need help”. Many of them don’t know where to begin…
Tips for assessing the elder care situation.
- What is the home environment like? Are there cleanliness issues or physical dangers and fall hazards?
- If you are a long distance caregiver, have a near by relative or close friend do a check up.
- Call a home care agency. A good home care agency will come out and assess the situation and make recommendations at no charge.
- Find out your loved one’s health situation by talking to their personal physician or primary care provider.
- Get any needed legal paperwork in order, including an advanced directive and a durable power of attorney.
- Find out what resources your loved one may qualify for to pay for senior care including Medicare, Medicaid, Veteran’s Aid and Attendance, & Long Term Care Insurance.
If you would like assistance or more information you can always Chat Live with Senior Care Advisor, call us at 1.866.775.0028, visit our Senior Home Care Agency Directory, or fill out this simple online form.
September 21st, 2011 | Posted by: Todd
Leave a Reply